Thursday, January 8, 2009

Angels and Chocolate


It begins.
My first post. The start of a potentially... regretted experience. Why am I writing a blog? (I ask myself because I'm not sure I know, not sure I should, not certain it is... wise...)
But my children have dissappeared and there's nothing for it. I must blog. Impulsive, perhaps.
Where...? have these contented children come from? From what cloud have they descended? Today, day three of this abberant behaviour, I said to myself: "Self, you just might have time to begin that blog after all!" Hugging each other so tight they may choke to death if it continues much longer... 'LitterBug' reading 'Bear' a story...Sharing with uncommon consistency. It's very odd. Just this morning, Litter Bug offered Bear part of her piece of chocolate!
Chocolate!

(as a side note, yes, I'm a terrible Mom, I gave my children dessert direcly after breakfast, but if they don't eat the Christmas surplus, I'll have to!)

Bear had already had a whole piece of decadence to herself, but Big 'Sis wanted to share... oookaaay! I told her I was immensely pleased, and that Jesus was pleased too. She beamed.

Maybe I'm not such a bad Mom after all. Maybe the last 9 months of contention, fighting, biting and hair pulling wasn't in vain. Maybe the discipline I have been administering (albeit with scatter-brained consistency and conviction) is paying off? Maybe it has nothing to do with me and everything to do with Grace. Maybe this will get easier. (hush, let me have my little fantasy!)

Welcome to the narration of my life!
Couple things you might notice about me right off the bat. I love God. Yep, I'm a God-lover, so the big Guy upstairs is going to get alot of lines, and you should know that. Secondly, I'm a Mom, I have two kids, and everyone has a pseudonym.

My family consists of myself... Litter Bug,(don't ask me now that name evolved)and Bear, (my two girls) and World's Best Husband.

You're either reading this because you're my friend and I begged you to, or because you have too much time on your hands and you ran across me randomly while wasting your time on the internet. Either way, welcome but be warned; I'm not the most tactful individual to walk the planet, and since I don't know you and this blog is all about me anyway, I probably won't bother to mince words.

I should explain my signature. The Bible describes the followers of Christ as sheep, and our Saviour, the Shepherd. My 'siggy' is just my way of ascribing credit where it's due. On my own I'm always, with consternating consistency, a failure. But with Jesus? I shine. He shines through me. I hope you see Him, I'll try to stay out of the line of vision as best I can.

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean you'll be calling less??? LOL!!
    It will be fun to try to follow your crazy thoughts through the journey of life...keep typing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Charlyn, I love your style. Never knew you had it in you! :) Keep on,girl! Got some blogs too--check out

    DroptheKidSaveyourself.blogspot.com
    and
    AndreasPurpose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

A Penny for your Thoughts...?